Not that anybody asked, but in no particular order:
1. I never wanted this in the first place.
2. I’m busy with stuff:
– Publishing my dissertation (almost there I think)
– Publishing my book on the Nicomachean Ethics (not almost there; someone please publish me)
– Doing the JCL in Canon Law for some reason
– You know, running the Seminary and teaching philosophy and stuff
3. Everything is stupid and confusing, and nobody needs one more stupid opinion to add to the confusion.
4. My “take” on whatever the hell might be happening at any given moment won’t help anybody, and I hope I always remember the important distinction between My Opinion and The Salvation of the Entire World.
In conclusion: leave me alone.
Alternately: give me some ideas on what I can actually write on that would be useful. Remember: despite the fact that this is a blog, I don’t want to write about stuff I don’t know about, or stuff that everyone else is already writing about.
(pictured above: podcasts)