To the People Next to me at the Red Light Today Blasting Dance Music in Their Car, Symbolizing All of Humanity,
I get it. Parties are fun. Being at them makes you feel young and rich and excited and happy. So while you’re driving you put on some dance music to make it feel like you’re at a party, and you play it loudly because parties are loud.
But here’s why you should stop that:
- You’ll hurt your ears. They aren’t meant to deal with that much noise, that loud, that often.
- You’re annoying others because your dance music sucks and even good music is annoying when it’s that loud.
- We’re all about to go through a time that isn’t going to feel like a party no matter how loud the music is, so maybe we all need to be okay with just plain old quiet life being enough. Not every day has to be a party. Sometimes just existing can be pleasant and doesn’t need any loudness to make it fun.
- You’re also annoying others because a nonstop party lifestyle sucks, and even moderate partying sucks when it’s that intense.
- You’ll hurt your souls. They aren’t meant to deal with that much noise, that loud, that often.
So turn that crap off.